Dash Berlin not on ASOT 600?

Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Dash Berlin not on ASOT 600? -
27 November 2012, at 19:41
Ok, there's been quite a thing going on on the social media about this tweet that Dash Berlin sent out:

Originally posted by Dash Berlin
Just heard that I will not be playing at #ASOT600 :-(

Armin van Buuren replied with 2 tweets:

Originally posted by Armin van Buuren
Huh? Why not? We put a big offer in dude! I will check whats going on? RT @dashberlin: Just heard that I will not be playing at #ASOT600 :-(

I just spoke to my agent and we've NEVER offered any other DJ more money than this time. Why @dashberlin ? And why do you play it like this?]

It's been quiet from Dash Berlin's side since then, but there have been a lot of reactions on it. Both from people who think it's a disaster for the scene if he's not coming, others namecalling him like 'shameless piece of twat' to 'money sucking wanker'...

For me personally I think it's a great thing he's not coming. The only bad thing about it is that they offered him a shit load of money to come. Any money for him is a waste.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 27 November 2012, at 19:42
Daniel
2785 forum
# 27 November 2012, at 20:05
They should be paying to keep him away.....
sanook
Unknown
# Cash Berlin ? - 27 November 2012, at 20:13

www.sanooktrance.eu
Last edited on 27 November 2012, at 20:14
zakrush1
2133 forum
# 27 November 2012, at 23:04
HAHAHAHA, I actually just laughed out loud on the middle of a train on the way home today. Thank you for your awesome pics to make me look crazy on the public transport system.

My SoundCloud

My YouTube

Airbase: "You keep dancing, I'll keep producing."
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
# 27 November 2012, at 23:32
HE WANTS HOW MUCH???!!

Last edited on 27 November 2012, at 23:34
Eff_Jay
2671 forum
# 28 November 2012, at 11:49
Talking about someone shooting themselves in the foot.

I really don't get this guy. IMO his productions are average, he loves a mash / dash up but what has he done to justify this public snub to a guy who let's be honest helped give him the success & fan base he has today.

There are so many better DJ’s around who would jump at the chance to perform at ASOT for nothing, some even paying themselves for the privilege. The amount of promotion and gigs they would receive on the back of 1…. yes 1, 1 hour gig would be phenomenal.

I have recently checked a few times this morning for a reply but nothing. He has now deleted the tweet and still nothing from him or from his camp.

I would seriously consider going to an event which included Dash in the line up. I wouldn’t want to be responsible for giving him an even bigger ego than he quite obviously has already.

He is here on the 26/12 so I hope he at least has the decency to explain why he decided to publically diss Armin & why he feels he now feels that he can demand fees that no one has ever done for ASOT.

I await one of the following:

• There was a mix up with my booking agent.
• My twitter was hacked.
• It was all a wind up.

Tell him to fuck off Armin. We don’t need his type. He can gig with Emery in future.
19/12: Eddie Halliwell, Alex Di Stefano, Jordon Suckley & Marcel Woods @ Colours pres. Bosh, Glasgow
26/12: Solarstone, Gai Barone, Giuseppe Ottaviani & Sneijder @ Colours Winter Party, Glasgow
05/02: DS9
Eff_Jay
2671 forum
# 28 November 2012, at 12:25

Looks like the situation regarding #ASOT600 and @dashberlin has been resolved. Check #ASOT589 this week to hear the details

Looks like someone has back tracked. Ca$h Berlin
19/12: Eddie Halliwell, Alex Di Stefano, Jordon Suckley & Marcel Woods @ Colours pres. Bosh, Glasgow
26/12: Solarstone, Gai Barone, Giuseppe Ottaviani & Sneijder @ Colours Winter Party, Glasgow
R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 28 November 2012, at 13:21
ugh... with a side of ugh.

That is all.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 28 November 2012, at 13:24
Originally posted by Eff_Jay

Looks like someone has back tracked. Ca$h Berlin

I really can't believe Armin is doing this. He shouldn't give a platform to such a wanker. But maybe Armin has been called back by his own management/Armada partners/ALDA Events as well. Because Ca$h B€rlin still is an Armada artist and I can see ALDA events will find it important to have him as well, since he is very popular and they could need him at places where it won't sell out easily.
Eff_Jay
2671 forum
# 28 November 2012, at 15:53
Originally posted by Remco

I really can't believe Armin is doing this. He shouldn't give a platform to such a wanker. But maybe Armin has been called back by his own management/Armada partners/ALDA Events as well. Because Ca$h B€rlin still is an Armada artist and I can see ALDA events will find it important to have him as well, since he is very popular and they could need him at places where it won't sell out easily.

I didnt think of that at all, although it is a very valid point.

The lables / event organisers I guess have a big BIG say in how it is run.

I know everyone has their own fav DJ / producers but I have yet to hear someone saying my number 1 is Dash. Obv he has his fans, geeez was he not #8 in the DJ mag poll :/ but I don't see him being a massive attraction. Im will to accept I am wrong here as this is only my opinion.

sukeyy69
Unknown
# 29 November 2012, at 12:43
I don't know with all the hate going on here if i should say it. But i can honestly say dash is my #1 dj. Like i get that he fucked up about asot 600 im not gonna defend him in that regard but i still rate him as my favourite. When i saw him live at Stereosonic sydney 2012 my mind was blown, and im even considering flying to malaysia for asot 600 to see him again if i get the chance