DJ MAG Top 100 voting scandal

Post Reply Create New Topic

Deleted user
Deleted user
DJ MAG Top 100 voting scandal -
17 October 2010, at 15:30
Steveforterio (I dunno who is him), but he posted this video on Twitter and Tiesto retweeted it:

I guess everyone knows that cheating on this votation is as easy as creating several email accounts or using some "bot spammers".

:)

Also, Steveforterio tweeted two more interesting lines:

"@elirothrock rumor is that @aboveandbeyond is the new number one...how about that!??"

and..

"@elirothrock hehe I guess so,that magazine lost all credibility years ago when he announced on stage"@tiesto will never be #1 again""

Of course, I searched if that's true, and YES, it is! I've found more posts like this, posted about 2 years ago. One of them says:

"Everyone is looking into this entirely too much. The contest is rigged. Simple as that. People who used to work for DJ Mag have come out and said as much. It is biased against non British/European dj's, and anyone who when given a top spot won't play for the DJ Mag party. (Hence why one of the editors said that "Tiesto will never be #1 again" after he refused to play at the DJ Mag event. It's not even worth getting worked up about people. If you like someone go spend the $ to see them or buy their releases, that's how you really vote!"

Posted here: http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-98719.html

In summary: (Rumors)

DJ Mag Votation could be full of cheats.
DJ Mag will never put Tiesto on N1 Again.
Above & Beyond are possibly the new N1.

Of course, all this explain why Tiesto posted this:

"We'll us it for toilet paper next time!;-) RT @steveforterio: What do you think of this djmag scam? #url-removed

:clapclap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ben
TrancePodium Staff
1026 forum
# Re: DJ MAG Top 100 voting scandal - 20 October 2010, at 11:21
I hope that one day the controversy will spell the end of the DJ Mag poll. What a waste of time and effort it is. Not to mention I think it isn't even a credible representation of who has the best DJ talent.
# Re: DJ MAG Top 100 voting scandal - 20 October 2010, at 13:31
There's been a lot of controversy around it, but personally i don't think it's rigged. I mean sure 'they' could pull some strings, but who's 'they' ? there's a huge team of people behind this, and I'm sure it would've been leaked a long time ago if there was some strange activity behind it. 
Shadowman
3348 forum
# Re: DJ MAG Top 100 voting scandal - 21 October 2010, at 22:29
I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged. Doesn't matter either way. DJ Mag Top 100 is pointless, and doesn't represent anything properly. Just an overhyped popularity contest.