Hot or not? - Week 07.2015: Armin van Buuren pres. Rising Star feat. Betsie Larkin - Safe Inside You

Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Hot or not? - Week 07.2015: Armin van Buuren pres. Rising Star feat. Betsie Larkin - Safe Inside You -
20 February 2015, at 20:45

After Gaia a couple of years ago, Armin took back another one of his legendary aliasses. Good thing or not? Is this track hot or not?

Please rate the track and vote HOT or NOT in the poll here :D

144480 x50Rising Star feat. Betsie Larkin - Safe Inside You

The poll is currently not accepting any votes.

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 28 February 2015, at 15:08
Not sure about this one. It's ok I guess, maybe even good, but not Rising Star good. It sounds like any other production Armin or Gaia does at the moment. In my opinion pretty pointless to release this under the Rising Star alias and not under 1 of the other 2. The name Rising Star will loose it's legendary name. And the only reason is money. It's a legendary name, so people buy it. Whether it's good or not. And that is what happened, it's #1 in the Beatport chart. Shame, after Gaia, another legendary Armin alias will be destroyed. I hope Perpetious Dreamer or any of his other legendary aliases won't be next.
Itscaitlin
180502 forum
# 17 March 2015, at 02:59
Rising Star will basically now become his "138+" alias, and Armin will continue to create his usual trousey shit (under his name). With that being said, I agree with Remco that this track isn't all that great for Rising Star but I think it's a good track and I like it! Plus, can't go wrong with Betsie Larkin :<3:
Last edited on 17 March 2015, at 03:41
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 17 March 2015, at 19:48
Originally posted by Itscaitlin
Rising Star will basically now become his "138+" alias, and Armin will continue to create his usual trousey shit (under his name). With that being said, I agree with Remco that this track isn't all that great for Rising Star but I think it's a good track and I like it! Plus, can't go wrong with Betsie Larkin :<3:

But that is how the return of Gaia went as well. From massive pure trance to 138 trance to basically the same as he's producing under his own alias. I see that happening with Rising Star as well. Yes, I like this track too and I love Betsie Larkin, but it's not massive Rising Star as the alias stood for. This is just regular Armin van Buuren style from a couple of years ago. The Gaia alias got some critics the past year for disappointing releases, so for commercial reasons he had to dust off another legendary alias. That is how I see this.