Hot or not? - Week 35.2014: Armin van Buuren - Hystereo

Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Hot or not? - Week 35.2014: Armin van Buuren - Hystereo -
7 September 2014, at 19:49

The new track of Armin van Buuren and the intro track of his latest mix compilation "A State Of Trance Ibiza 2014 at Ushuaia".

Please rate the track and vote HOT or NOT in the poll here :D

30328 x50Armin van Buuren - Hystereo

The poll is currently not accepting any votes.

Itscaitlin
180502 forum
# 7 September 2014, at 19:57
unoriginal, total garbage
Daniel
2785 forum
# 7 September 2014, at 20:01
Absolutely awful. The melody is average at best and that bassline is awful.
R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 8 September 2014, at 12:01
:yell: :yell:

Not even Trance IMHO. Is Armin going to join the group of producers moving away from Trance into Big Room and its wonky little cousins?

Absolute trite.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 8 September 2014, at 13:49
Yep don't like it either, was just curious if it was me being negative or not.

Originally posted by R33
Not even Trance IMHO. Is Armin going to join the group of producers moving away from Trance into Big Room and its wonky little cousins?

Absolute trite.

Ye also the 1st hour of his A State Of TRANCE show is barely trance. Just like that this album is called A State Of TRANCE. I mean, if you want to play other stuff as well, fine, but don't call it trance. Start calling your show A State Of EDM or something. Now a lot of these new kids think everything he plays is trance.

I don't think he's moving away from trance (yet) though, since more than half he plays is still trance, but that is how it started with Ferry Corsten as well. :(
Daniel
2785 forum
# 8 September 2014, at 19:54
Glad no one else likes it I thought I was being negative as well especially as I don't post often. Looked like I only came back to be negative. ;)

Armin has spent the last 2 years saying "Trance is evolving " he is going to try and steal the trance name so he can keep his faithful Trance fans while attracting new ones from the EDM scene. He'll just say he is pushing a "new exciting sound" when really he is producing the same uninspiring crap as everyone else in the EDM scene.

R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 9 September 2014, at 02:50
Yes. Unfortunately I don't see Trance evolving at all. I see it slowly disappearing right from under us. so many "Trance" producers now days play mostly electro house and it's ilk with a Trance track thrown in here and there. A lot of the times it is not even a good track.. some random vocal tune that gets overplayed on the radio.

I still don't like to think about what happened to Ferry...... =(

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 10 September 2014, at 17:38
Originally posted by Daniel
J00F says some interesting stuff about this subject.

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inthemix.com.au%2Ffeatures%2F58942%2FJohn_00_Fleming_on_the_superstar_DJs_killing_trance&h=dAQFAhfZM&s=1

Definately an interesting read and imo he hits the nail on its head. A few years ago I would've said that J00F shouldn't be so arrogant and act like he knows it all and he's better than all those others. But in the end, he's right.
Last edited on 10 September 2014, at 17:38
R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 11 September 2014, at 12:06
Fantastic article and he hits it perfectly.

This all comes at a great time for something I have been working on for the last coupe of months. Hopefully it will be a good education and entertainment as well.

The first parts should show up soon here and it should be a breath of fresh air. :hp:
Itscaitlin
180502 forum
# 16 September 2014, at 18:59
I understand that Armin wants to appeal to the "trouse" fans and the true trance fans which is why he plays both genres in ASOT. Armin says "the best of trance and progressive." Progressive is progressive - whether it be progressive house, or progressive trance. With that being said, I agree with Remco. Like I previously quoted, Armin doesn't play only trance...so then he should change the name of his show to reflect the music he plays. It's unfortunate that people think some of the stuff he plays in the first hour is trance when it obviously isn't. ASOT is such a massive brand now, so I really doubt he would ever change the name at this point with the popularity it has.

Armin gets defensive when people say trance is dead... but when he plays progressive house in his show every week and in his sets, and doesn't even produce trance anymore (like most of the mainstream trance DJs), what does he expect?! :p
R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 16 September 2014, at 20:35
Could not have said it better :D

And we all well and truly know the real Trance is not dead at all . It is still there.. waiting to be found. People are still producing it and playing it.

It is just the big front runners that used to play through and through Trance who have all switched and still use the word for music which is not Trance at all really.

We all know the good stuff is still here though don't we? ;)
Last edited on 16 September 2014, at 20:36
Itscaitlin
180502 forum
# 16 September 2014, at 20:57
Exactly! Thank goodness there are still plenty of producers that actually make Trance - they are keeping the genre alive!
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 19 September 2014, at 19:19
So a remix of this track has been released. Was hoping on a trance remixer so that it might could become something good. But now, they chose Heatbeat. For fuck's sake! Even worse than the original :undecided:
R33
TrancePodium Staff
44 forum
# 20 September 2014, at 15:52
Painful.

However, on that note.. proper ear pleasing stuff coming in very shortly... stay tuned :hp:
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 25 September 2014, at 18:10
The 'best' version I heard so far of it now is the Thomas Vink Remix. That one is not bad and almost completely different than the original ;)