For those of you who didn't meet me yesterday...

Posted in Introduce Yourself
Post Reply Create New Topic

UbuntuElphie
178155 forum
Posts: 300
For those of you who didn't meet me yesterday... -
30 September 2011, at 10:52
Hi people

As the subject implies, I got a chance to meet some of you, via the 5th Anniversary Celebration broadcast's thread last night/this morning but allow me to introduce myself properly.

My name in Nj and I hail from Johannesburg in South Africa. I own a web development company but am gradually moving away from the day-to-day operations of running my business to focus on one of my passions, that being an NGO (charity organisation) I started to aid troubled teens and young adults in getting their lives back on track in a safe, secure, non-judgmental environment and, thereby, offering them the opportunity to become respectable, well-adjusted members of society that can go out into the world and make their mark, hopefully leaving the planet in a better condition than they found it in.

My other passion is music and it is extremely rare that there isn't something playing in the background (or at full volume) at any given time. As for my music tastes, I am pretty eclectic and can enjoy anything from Rock to Punk to Hardstyle, but I'm a Trance Freak at heart. Favourite DJ's include Armin, Ferry, Sander, Menno, Richard Durand & Protoculture (to name a few) although, I will admit, that the Trance Podium residents (Zak Rush, R33 & Swaveto) definitely left an impression with their sets this morning.

Thanks to the guys that I met last night and this morning who made me feel so welcome and I look forward to meeting more of you.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 51519
# 30 September 2011, at 11:07
Welcome again, Nj! Great intro and great passions! I've never seen a new member being so dedicated from the first moment he signed up like you. It was awesome to have you with us yesterday and I hope to see many more posts from you in the coming years. :D

PS. and I like to see Menno in that list of your favorite DJs :) If there's no event to promote, he's always in my sig :)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Last edited on 30 September 2011, at 11:10
Daniel
2785 forum
Posts: 3429
# 30 September 2011, at 18:18
Glad you came along. :) Hope to see you stick around.
Dan
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
Posts: 11088
# 1 October 2011, at 11:01
Welcome to TP! :)

That's a very noble thing you're doing with the charity organization. Keep it up!
Semir
2841 forum
Posts: 12892
# 1 October 2011, at 20:21
Welcome to TrancePodium once again! Glad to see we got another regular here! :D
Daniel
2785 forum
Posts: 3429
# 1 October 2011, at 22:29
Originally posted by UbuntuElphie
Hi people

As the subject implies, I got a chance to meet some of you, via the 5th Anniversary Celebration broadcast's thread last night/this morning but allow me to introduce myself properly.

My name in Nj and I hail from Johannesburg in South Africa. I own a web development company but am gradually moving away from the day-to-day operations of running my business to focus on one of my passions, that being an NGO (charity organisation) I started to aid troubled teens and young adults in getting their lives back on track in a safe, secure, non-judgmental environment and, thereby, offering them the opportunity to become respectable, well-adjusted members of society that can go out into the world and make their mark, hopefully leaving the planet in a better condition than they found it in.

My other passion is music and it is extremely rare that there isn't something playing in the background (or at full volume) at any given time. As for my music tastes, I am pretty eclectic and can enjoy anything from Rock to Punk to Hardstyle, but I'm a Trance Freak at heart. Favourite DJ's include Armin, Ferry, Sander, Menno, Richard Durand & Protoculture (to name a few) although, I will admit, that the Trance Podium residents (Zak Rush, R33 & Swaveto) definitely left an impression with their sets this morning.

Thanks to the guys that I met last night and this morning who made me feel so welcome and I look forward to meeting more of you.


Just read this, well done, I also volunteer for a Drugs Agency here who work on a Harm Reduction method as well as my paid job of being a support worker for adults with learning difficulties. I think its so important to do things you find rewarding.

I contacted a couple of Drug agencies in South Africa about maybe volunteering but never heard anything back. :(
UbuntuElphie
178155 forum
Posts: 300
# 2 October 2011, at 10:56
Originally posted by Daniel
I also volunteer for a Drugs Agency here who work on a Harm Reduction method... I contacted a couple of Drug agencies in South Africa about maybe volunteering but never heard anything back. :(

Unfortunately, South Africa, for some reason, doesn't believe in the Harm Reduction method, which is what I advocate so I am hoping that with this will open a few eyes here to this method. Would you mind if I PM my details to you and take advantage of your experience in this?
UbuntuElphie
178155 forum
Posts: 300
# 2 October 2011, at 10:56
Originally posted by Semir
Welcome to TrancePodium once again! Glad to see we got another regular here! :D

Thanks Semir :)
UbuntuElphie
178155 forum
Posts: 300
# 2 October 2011, at 12:17
Originally posted by Daniel
Please email me

Thanks for this. You should have mail by now