TP Awards 2011 - Get Your Votes In!

TP Awards 2011 - Get Your Votes In!
Go to Article Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 20 November 2011, at 12:45

How quick did 2011 pass? Very quick! And because we're reaching the end of the year, we all know what time it is. For the 4th consecutive year we organize the Trance Podium Awards!

It's getting bigger and bigger every year and we hope this year it will grow again! To help accomplishing this, we changed the formula again a little bit. There is a public voting part and a members only voting part! We also added 1 more award: the award for Best Vocalist(e)!

Like previous years, we've separated the Awards in 2 parts. The first part are the TP Awards for members and topics of this site only. That part is a members only voting. The 2nd part are the Global TP Awards, with awards for DJ's and everything else outside TP that involves EDM in general and Trance in particular ofcourse. That part is open for public voting!

Votes are still being checked, so voting for yourself is still not allowed nor possible. Please, take a few minutes of your time and start voting!

Rules

- If you want to vote for ALL TP Awards, all you have to do is be a member of this site and you can vote anonymously by clicking here.

- If you're not a member of this site, register now! It's for free!

- If you don't want to become a member, you can only vote for the Global Awards by clicking here.

- Click 1 of the 2 links above and enter your top 3 in each category. The number 1 gets 3 points, the number 2 gets 2 points and the number 3 gets 1 point.

- You don't have to enter all three votes of the category, and you can skip categories you don't want to vote in. Ofcourse we want to get as many votes as possible.

- Votes for yourself, your own tracks, mixes, albums or radio shows won’t count. Voting for your own topic is allowed.

- Voting closes on the 23rd of December 2011 at 23:59 CET and the results will most likely to be announced between Christmas and New Years Eve.

So please, everybody, take a few minutes of your time and start voting!
The more votes, the more accurate the TP Awards will be! We're counting on you!

The categories are:

Community Awards 2011 (members only)

Best TP member * (who you think added the most to the site this year)
Favourite TP member * (who you personally like the most)
Best Staff-member *
Best Newcomer * (best member who has registered in 2011)
Best DJ/producer *
Best Track *
Best Studiomix *
Best discussion topic
Funniest topic

* No voting for yourself.

Global Awards 2011 (public voting)

Best DJ
Best Producer
Best Newcomer
Best Vocalist(e)
Best Track (original versions and mixes only, made by the original producer at the 1st release)
Best Remix
Best Mashup
Best Artist Album
Best Mix Album
Best Radioshow/Podcast
Best Liveset
Best Studiomix (f.e. an episode of a radioshow, podcast or guestmix, but not live recordings)
Best Event
Best Radiostation
Best Label

Voting for members: ALL Awards
Voting for non-members: Global Awards Only
Last edited on 20 November 2011, at 12:47
Shadowman
3348 forum
# 20 November 2011, at 15:05
In my opinion, non member voting is not a good idea. The results will be bad and predictable. I could even see something like Be Your Sound winning track of the year...
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 20 November 2011, at 15:24
Originally posted by Shadowman
In my opinion, non member voting is not a good idea. The results will be bad and predictable. I could even see something like Be Your Sound winning track of the year...

I understand what you mean, but we wanted to try it and see how it goes. We want to try to be taken serious by DJs and with around 25 people voting only this is not going to happen. But like I said, we wanted to try this and if it's taken very negative by everyone, we can always consider not doing it anymore next year ;)

Btw, I can't imagine that Be Your Sound will be the winning track, cz that's something the mainstream fans like and not the true trance fans who know about this site ;)

But we'll see, the only way to prevent things like that to happen is to vote :D
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
# 23 November 2011, at 14:54
Best vote so far goes to voter #145, who entered "Fady & Mina" in every single voting field in the poll. :D

Must be a huge fan.
Shadowman
3348 forum
# 24 November 2011, at 01:14
Maybe it was Fady & Mina themselves :D

Btw, these guys sound like new Aly & Fila, haha
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 24 November 2011, at 07:52
Hahahaha

Best track? Fady & Mina
Best studiomix?? Fady & Mina
Best Radiostation? Fady & Mina
Best label? Fady & Mina
Richard Ronchetti
177672 forum
# 24 November 2011, at 08:09
Ha Ha. I voted Guetta for all. Hope thats ok? :p
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
# 24 November 2011, at 08:44
Originally posted by Richard Ronchetti
Ha Ha. I voted Guetta for all. Hope thats ok? :p

Oh, absolutely.

*silently deletes vote*
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 26 November 2011, at 14:15
C'mon people! Get voting! Only got 4 members so far!
Semir
2841 forum
# 26 November 2011, at 19:51
Just submitted my vote! The only reason I didn't put Remco on the first place is because he will win it anyway, so I decided to vote for someone else :D
whale
147333 forum
# 29 November 2011, at 17:04
lol voted too - but i´m so out of this forum that I could use the non member voting *gg*

what a long list............... !
Music is a passion - to feel and enjoy is like heaven !
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 29 November 2011, at 19:50
Originally posted by whale
lol voted too - but i´m so out of this forum that I could use the non member voting *gg*

what a long list............... !

Well, you know me, and that's all you need to know ;)

Thanks for the voting! :)

You think it's better to shorten this list? Always good to hear opinions from people "outside" this forum :)
Daniel
2785 forum
# 1 December 2011, at 20:33
Will vote soon :)
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 6 December 2011, at 08:30
C'mon people! Please start voting! Only got 9 members so far!
Daniel
2785 forum
# 6 December 2011, at 13:24
Remco,

When I did the top 50 thing last year, I contacted a lot of the people who posted only on Radio Show threads (Steve Forte Rio etc) via PM and asked them to vote which they did.

Have you tried that? I know it's extra work, I don't mind helping with that.

I also wonder if having the News and Support sections this far down is such a good idea as do people even scroll down this far?

Just an observation.

Daniel