Eurovision 2012

Posted in Off Topic
Post Reply Create New Topic

vera
1923 forum
Eurovision 2012 -
22 May 2012, at 12:51
Erm... I know this is a bit like a "sacrilege", posting about Eurovision on a trance music forum, but is anyone going to watch it? :D I always enjoy it and laugh so much :D
... Endless love and trust in trance ...
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 22 May 2012, at 13:45
I'm probably going to watch it again as well. We always do :blush: hahaha
Last edited on 22 May 2012, at 13:45
Eff_Jay
2671 forum
# 22 May 2012, at 13:54
Nope pefrect excuse for me to be out of the house (not that i need it).

Have never been into it. Mostly cause the UK get shit scores lol.

We have 76 year old Engelbert Humperdinck representing us this year. Not sure why cause I am sure he is loaded.
19/12: Eddie Halliwell, Alex Di Stefano, Jordon Suckley & Marcel Woods @ Colours pres. Bosh, Glasgow
26/12: Solarstone, Gai Barone, Giuseppe Ottaviani & Sneijder @ Colours Winter Party, Glasgow
05/02: DS9
vera
1923 forum
# 23 May 2012, at 08:41
Originally posted by Eff_Jay
Nope pefrect excuse for me to be out of the house (not that i need it).

Have never been into it. Mostly cause the UK get shit scores lol.

We have 76 year old Engelbert Humperdinck representing us this year. Not sure why cause I am sure he is loaded.

Ahahaha come on, there are so many people who love the song!
I am happy that Cyprus finally passed after so many years, we deserved it ^^
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 23 May 2012, at 09:39
Congratulations with Cyprus! Top 10 should be doable with that song. I liked it! Was voted 2nd in the Dutch poll yesterday. Russia was brilliant :<3: Other's I liked were Greece and Romania. Altho I heard from that last one that they copied the chords one-on-one from Shakira's Waka Waka, which makes it a bit cheap.

The worst of the night were for me Montenegro, Israël, Austria and Ireland. Can't believe that last one progressed :undecided:

Not having too many expectations about Holland tomorrow. The only reason she could possibly progress is cz she looks different (read: rediculous) with her Indian clothings hahahaha

That Engelbert Humperdinck song sounded pretty boring to me and sending him looks a bit desperate :p But also our commentator likes it, so who knows? France is trying something new also. They already did last year after having Celine Dion clones for many years. Really liked it last year, but it didn't have any success. This year they even sing in English for the first time :O
Last edited on 23 May 2012, at 09:40
vera
1923 forum
# 23 May 2012, at 11:34
Haha if we make it to the top 10 it will be a national anthem :p last time it happened was in 2004 ^^
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 23 May 2012, at 12:23
So you did better than us in recent history hahaha. I think our last time was in 2000, when it wasn't broadcasted in Holland cz of the Firework Explosion in Enschede, where 23 people got killed. 2004 was for us even the last time we reached the final hahahaha

We did win it 4 times tho, but last time was in 1975.

But ye, reaching the final would already be a huge succes for us hahahaha, so:
GO DUTCH/TURKISH/INDIAN GIRL!!!
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 27 May 2012, at 07:41
Really strange The Netherlands only finished 15th in the semi-final out of 18. Not saying I liked it, but it was much better than Norway, Turkey, Macedonia and Lithuania that did get in the final. It was also better than the very boring Serbia that even finished 2nd :undecided:

Then the final. Sweden is ofcourse the deserved winner. Serbia 2nd I already said it was incredible. Shouldn't even be in top 15 or maybe even top 20. After England the most boring song of the Eurovision. Unbelievable! Probably pure cz they have a lot of Balkan countries giving a high amount of points and having lots of Serbs living all over Europe.

But I guess it was the Eurovision of the boring songs. I mean, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Estonia, Italy and Spain in the top 10. Altho Azerbaijan, Estonia and Spain deserved to be there.

But the good and uptempo songs of Greece and Cyprus on 17 and 16 beats me :undecided: Not enough 'friends' I guess? Cz why else would another terrible song like Turkey reach the 7th spot? With Norway, England, Ireland and Malta the most terrible song! But a hugh amount of Turkish people are living all over Europe and that's why they will almost always get high, no matter how terrible the song.

But I already know with what kind of song The Netherlands will come next year... Booooooring hahahaha. They always come with a kind of song that had succes the year before. That doesn't work...

Btw, not taking this too serious. Had a good laugh and a good rant the past week hahahaha

Results: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/baku-2012/about/shows/final
Last edited on 27 May 2012, at 09:30
Shadowman
3348 forum
# 27 May 2012, at 12:17
Originally posted by Remco
Lithuania that did get in the final

Hahaha, guess miracles do happen afterall.

Anyway, I seriously hate this contest. The only good thing it does for me is making me feel good about my choice of music. Even at it's cheesiest and worst, trance doesn't come close to shit being produced there. Also, there is nothing about the music there at all, it's all politics.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 27 May 2012, at 12:45
All true what you said and it's not supposed to be taken very serious, just to take it light, have a good laugh and a good rant hahaha. All that besides tho, Sweden did deserve the win. I think it was never been as clear as this time, even before the even final started. And for once I think it really is a good song. I could even imagine DJs remixing this and playing it hahaha