Explosions rock Boston Marathon, killing two and injuring at least 100+.

Posted in Off Topic
Post Reply Create New Topic

DJRANZ
57 forum
Explosions rock Boston Marathon, killing two and injuring at least 100+. -
16 April 2013, at 00:51
At the conclusion of the Boston Marathon, two explosions occured at the events conclusion, killing two people and gravely wounding over a 100.

WARNING: VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV8Fms8lm7Q

Thoughts and condolences go out to those affected as investigations proceed to determine the cause....
Now known as Randy Derricott. I may sometimes use the DJ Ranz alias for certain projects though.

www.facebook.com/djranzofficial
www.soundcloud.com/dj-ranz
www.mixcloud.com/djranz
www.twitch.tv/djranz1989
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 16 April 2013, at 07:41
Really terrible what happened there. My thoughts go out to all the victims :(

But, what bothers me with this as usual is, and in no way I'm trying to belittle what happened, why do I see nothing but this on the tv last night in every program possible, while this is happening on a daily base, with many more casualties in other countries and we see nothing of it. In Syria for example these sort of things are happening multiple times a day and we see almost nothing of it anymore. Why does all the media make such difference? Why when it involves the USA it's always big news and in Syria, where thousends of people have been killed, we act like nothing's happening there anymore? Why do we close our eyes for that?
DJRANZ
57 forum
# 16 April 2013, at 13:47
Originally posted by Remco
Really terrible what happened there. My thoughts go out to all the victims :(

But, what bothers me with this as usual is, and in no way I'm trying to belittle what happened, why do I see nothing but this on the tv last night in every program possible, while this is happening on a daily base, with many more casualties in other countries and we see nothing of it. In Syria for example these sort of things are happening multiple times a day and we see almost nothing of it anymore. Why does all the media make such difference? Why when it involves the USA it's always big news and in Syria, where thousends of people have been killed, we act like nothing's happening there anymore? Why do we close our eyes for that?

I guess it's because people and the media have a surprised reaction that something like this would happen in Boston. It goes to show how many stereotypes people have constructed over the years.

I do agree that no matter where, it's VERY disheartening when things like this happen.
Now known as Randy Derricott. I may sometimes use the DJ Ranz alias for certain projects though.

www.facebook.com/djranzofficial
www.soundcloud.com/dj-ranz
www.mixcloud.com/djranz
www.twitch.tv/djranz1989