WC 2010 Thread

Posted in Off Topic
Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
WC 2010 Thread -
8 June 2010, at 06:28
Can't wait for the worldcup, it finally starts to live for me :)

HUP HOLLAND!!! and ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!! :p
dwil
3085 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 8 June 2010, at 15:23
This is going to be some world cup....Key players must play!

Rio Ferdinand out of England squad

Nani out of Portugal squad

Robben out of The Netherlands

Ballack out of Germany
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 8 June 2010, at 17:13
Originally posted by dwil

This is going to be some world cup....Key players must play!

Rio Ferdinand out of England squad

Nani out of Portugal squad

Robben out of The Netherlands

Ballack out of Germany

Robben won't be out, he's coming to South Africa, he will just miss the beginning. The injure isn't as bad as it seemed at first and a great doctor is working on it :)

You forgot about Drogba from Côte d'Ivoire and Pirlo from Italy will miss the first matches as well.

You only mentionned Ballack from Germany, but They're missing like 6 players, amongst them also their first goalie

I'm just hoping Van der Vaart will play and not Kuyt or Afellay!
dwil
3085 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 8 June 2010, at 17:32
Originally posted by Super

I'm just hoping Van der Vaart will play and not Kuyt or Afellay!

Yea your right completely forgot about Drobga thats a HUGE miss for them as there first game against us! Ino Germany are missing loads of players but like i said KEY players such as the one's i mentioned.....I thought Robben was out completely??
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 8 June 2010, at 20:01

That's one of my favorite players. Go Inter!

Since Macedonia is not in the World Cup (wonder if we'll ever qualify), I'm cheering for Argentina. Too bad that idiot Maradona left some of the best players out of the squad. They still have a great team though.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 9 June 2010, at 05:56
Originally posted by dwil

That's one of my favorite players. Go Inter!

He's one of my favs as well, he's from Ajax :D Shame he plays for Inter :p Altho I cheered for Inter in the semi's and final of the Champions League :D
DJRANZ
57 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 9 June 2010, at 20:59
I have seen a few World Cup matches.  But is it a sudden death, bracket-style tournament?  Or do you have to lose a certain number of games to be eliminated?
Now known as Randy Derricott. I may sometimes use the DJ Ranz alias for certain projects though.

www.facebook.com/djranzofficial
www.soundcloud.com/dj-ranz
www.mixcloud.com/djranz
www.twitch.tv/djranz1989
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# WC 2010 Thread - 9 June 2010, at 23:30
It starts with groups of 4 countries, which means 3 matches. Winning 2 out of 3 matches is for sure enough to progress. After this it will be a knock-out system ;)
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 06:10
Haven't seen much so far to be honest, Uruguay 0-0 France was the only one I saw completely and it was a big disappointment. It started quite nice with fast play, but it got slowlier and slowlier and more and more boring :( Good thing was tho that Ajax star Luis Suárez from Uruguay played disappointing as well :) And another Ajax player, Nicolas Lodeiro got twice a yellow card within 18 minutes hahaha. I've also seen a small piece of South Africa 1-1 Mexico, which was alright, but not a very high level, about 10 min of South Korea 2-0 Greece, at the moment they scored 2-0, a bit of Serbia 0-1 Ghana, OMG what was Serbia bad :O (Holland won with 4-1 from Ghana only 2 weeks ago) and Ajax player Marco Pantellic couldn't do anything about that either. And I watched Germany 4-0 Australia until the 2-0. Then I lost interest, cz I sooo want the Germans to lose, but Australia just opened the gate for them. But ye, if a player from the Ajax youth, Jason Culina, who wasn't good enough for our 1st team, is the best player of Australia....

Anyway, today it finally really starts: HOLLAND vs DENMARK! :D Can't wait! :D
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 13:25
Not a great match, kinda disappointing footballwise, but a 2-0 victory is a good start :D We don't need to show off immediately in the beginning like we always do haha
DJRANZ
57 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 16:09
I saw the USA vs England match.  England was pretty much in the driver's seat for the majority of the matchup.  They have a pretty stubborn team as until the goalie literally dropped the ball, we couldn't get a goal on them!  The game ended in a draw at 1 apiece.  I am starting to see that this is a point system now.  A team gets 3 points for winning a match, 1 for it ending in a draw, and none for losing.  Then , I think they organize the tournament based on that?
Now known as Randy Derricott. I may sometimes use the DJ Ranz alias for certain projects though.

www.facebook.com/djranzofficial
www.soundcloud.com/dj-ranz
www.mixcloud.com/djranz
www.twitch.tv/djranz1989
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 16:49
Congrats on the win Remco :)

So far I liked the Germany - Australia game the most.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 18:34
Originally posted by DJRANZ

Congrats on the win Remco :)

Thanks! :)  hope we can grow in the tournament and not give away all our cards immediately. :) The way we won today is good. Not like 2 years ago when we won with 3-0 from Italy and 4-1 from France and being knocked out the next round. Or at the Euro 2000's when we won with 6-1 from Yugoslavia in the quarters and being knocked out by Italy in the semi's. Even tho we outplayed Italy, we were knocked out cz we missed 5 out of 7 penalties. But it doesn't matter how, we were still knocked out. Now Germany has been showing off. Hope it's finally them for once that peak at the wrong moment hehe. Or Australia is just really THAT bad. They really just opened the gates for the Germans...
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 19:27
Italy 0-1 Paraguay at HT
Eff_Jay
2671 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 19:46

Another poor game.
19/12: Eddie Halliwell, Alex Di Stefano, Jordon Suckley & Marcel Woods @ Colours pres. Bosh, Glasgow
26/12: Solarstone, Gai Barone, Giuseppe Ottaviani & Sneijder @ Colours Winter Party, Glasgow
05/02: DS9
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# Re: WC 2010 Thread - 14 June 2010, at 20:33
Shame, the moment Paraguay was better and had some nice chances on 0-2, Italy scored the equalizer :(
Still 1-1 is a good rsult for Paraguay and for Italy it will be enough to progress as well in a very easy group with New Zealand and Slowakia...