12 July
Brazil 2-1 The Netherlands (22:00 CET)

Final

13 July
Germany 2-0 Argentina (21:00 CET)
Semir
2841 forum
# 13 July 2014, at 01:17
I know this might make me look like I'm trying to act all smart now, but I think I was the only one who actually thought that the Netherlands will actually demolish Brazil. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have entered this WC prediction league and predict only the Netherlands games :D

@Remco, out of curiosity, why were you so much against your own team this year?
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 13 July 2014, at 09:34
Originally posted by Semir
I know this might make me look like I'm trying to act all smart now, but I think I was the only one who actually thought that the Netherlands will actually demolish Brazil. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have entered this WC prediction league and predict only the Netherlands games :D

@Remco, out of curiosity, why were you so much against your own team this year?

I disagreed with a lot of the chosen players, with many Feyenoord defenders who couldn't even stop lousy strikers from teams like Cambuur and GA Eagles from scoring. but I guess I was wrong about that. But the most I was against with was to have a Canadian in our team. It's the Dutch national team for crying out loud! And besides that, he was completely invisible. We have better Dutch players than him. I couldn't support a team that takes players from other countries. We're not Belgium or Switzerland! Also, I really don't like Van Persie. Yes, he's our all time topscorer, but mostly in friendlies and unimportant qualifyers. Last 4 tournaments he scored 4 times in total. Yes this time he scored 2 important goals, but the 4-1 against Spain was unimportant, just like his goal last night. He's been terrible most of this WC again, yet he gets all the trust from the coach. He even is our captain! Never seen such a lousy captain. Robben took the word all the time in the team and also in interviews Van Persie has problems to talk. He can't even speak good Dutch.

Basically, with De Guzman (the Canadian) being invisible the 1st 2 matches and Van Persie during the rest of them, our achievement is even bigger than the 3rd place. We had to do it with 10 players every game! ;)

Anyway yesterday I thought the Dutch would lose, cz we don't care about this game and I could understand that Brazil wanted revenge in front of their own public after the humiliation against Germany. I knew Brazil was a shit team, didn't know they would be this shit. Their semi-final spot was a disgrace and the FIFA made a complete joke of this WC. It's unbelievable how much Brazil was helped by the refs. It's not a coincidence the the 3 worst referees all got a game with Brazil. If this would've been an honest WC, Brazil would've lost the 1st game already against Croatia who already outplayed them and they would've been eliminated in groupstages. But no, Brazil had to win this and the FIFA did everything to accomplish it. They never thought Germany would be THAT much better, cz even in that game, before the 0-1, Brazil was already helped a great deal 3x within 15 minutes.

So the biggest jokes this WC: the FIFA, the refs, Brazil and basically this whole WC.

I really can't take this WC serious.

And then there's the biting of Suarez. The shit he had to take was out of proportions. Like he was the most wanted on earth! Come on, he didn't kill anybody. He didn't even serious injure anybody. Yes he had to be suspended, but the biggest suspension ever?! Players kicked other players in the hospital and they didn't get a suspension at all. Players who ended careers of others even got a lot shorter suspension. If they already got one. Those are the really outlaws in football if you ask me.

Anyway, not sure if I can see the final. To be honest, I hope Germany wins, ca Argentina has been almost as shit as Brazil this WC, so they don't deserve it at all. They've been crap every game, but they won every game with the minimum difference. 4 teams have impressed me this WC: France, Holland, Colombia and Germany. Argentina doesn't even come close to those 4.

End of rant ;)
Last edited on 13 July 2014, at 09:36
TranceFixxed
179757 forum
# 14 July 2014, at 22:34
Remco - Sounds like you would agree this was the best EVER World Cup then ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28268842
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 15 July 2014, at 09:43
Originally posted by TranceFixxed
Remco - Sounds like you would agree this was the best EVER World Cup then ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28268842

Hahahaha, ye but ppl only say this cz it was fun to watch. And it was fun to watch. Many goals etc. But that's only cz the general level was so low. Many defensive mistakes, the top teams were shit, etc. I mean, why you think an average team like Holland finished 3rd? In a normal WC we wouldn't have passed the groupstages with this team. How come Argentina hasn't played a single good match and still reached the final. Brazil was shit, but reached the semi's. We act now like Germany was really great, but even they could've easily lost against teams like Ghana and USA. And I haven't forgotten their anti-football against France. The ugliest teamperformance I've ever seen. Have you seen Holland vs. Costa Rica? Costa Rica proved to be a mediocre team, they got their 1st chance after 118 minutes, but yet they won their group with Italy, England and Uruguay.

So yes, it was fun to watch, unexpectedly also for the Dutch, but there's no way we can take this WC serious. ;)
Last edited on 15 July 2014, at 09:45
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 15 July 2014, at 09:51
The final table:

1. Remco - - - - - - - - - 185
2. Empress Touch - - - - 167
3. TranceFixxed - - - - - 147

Exact predicted matches:

TranceFixxed - - - - - - 8
Remco - - - - - - - - - - -7
Empress Touch - - - - - 5

:D

PS. Too bad you didn't post the final tables of each group, TranceFixxed. That costed you a lot of points ;)
TranceFixxed
179757 forum
# 16 July 2014, at 21:19
I think everyone aspired to playing like Brazil, but as Brazil were piss poor, it meant they all sunk to their level! :D

Originally posted by Remco
Too bad you didn't post the final tables of each group, TranceFixxed. That costed you a lot of points ;)

Ah well, I'll pay more attention next time :)