A State Of Trance 550: 5CD package

A State Of Trance 550: 5CD package
Go to Article Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 08:29
While entering this album, I was thinking already about writing how Dash Belin made it a producers mix again, but I have to be honest and say: Arty has spinned the crown on this one. There's only 1 track he didn't have his hands on. I guess he doesn't need to release an artist album soon. He already did with this one. Shame and kinda cheap. I hear Armin thinking that he regrets having invited him for this, that he only used this to sell his own stuff. He's from Anjunabeats also isn't he? Maybe he learned it from the masters of this?...

For the rest, it looks like a great package, besides Dash Berlin's part. Many great classics :D
Last edited on 25 March 2012, at 08:32
Semir
2841 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 09:02
I agree with you on this one. Last year's ASOT 5 CD was just amazing. He got the right people to do the mixing. With this one, all of them are trying to promote their own work, like they didn't get any recognition before.

Perfect time for Armin to keep an eye on Menno and involve him with ASOT.

Besides Armin & Orjan Nilsen mix, I don't like the rest at all. I believe you're gonna love track #5 on Armin's CD, Remco :p
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 10:17
Originally posted by Semir
Besides Armin & Orjan Nilsen mix, I don't like the rest at all. I believe you're gonna love track #5 on Armin's CD, Remco :p

Yeeeee saw that too! Forgot to mention it! Finally Armin found that track as well! :<3: :<3: :<3:
Makes up for the failing CDs of Dash and Arty :D
Shadowman
3348 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 13:33
Originally posted by Remco
There's only 1 track he didn't have his hands on

Do you mean Alpha 9 track? That is his alias, so also his production. So mixed artist album it is, it seems.

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 15:19
Originally posted by Shadowman

Do you mean Alpha 9 track? That is his alias, so also his production. So mixed artist album it is, it seems.

Pfff didn't even know that. WOW! :undecided:
Daniel
2785 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 19:12
I heard that Arty's set at ASOT was pretty bad too, but because of the person who went on and played dubstep it has been overlooked?
Semir
2841 forum
# 25 March 2012, at 20:57
Originally posted by Daniel
I heard that Arty's set at ASOT was pretty bad too, but because of the person who went on and played dubstep it has been overlooked?

You mean Fei-Fei? She was getting a lot of hatred about her track selection both on Twitter and Facebook. A couple of DJ's defended her, one of them was Mat Zo saying that people should be more open-minded.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
# 26 March 2012, at 08:24
Originally posted by Semir
You mean Fei-Fei? She was getting a lot of hatred about her track selection both on Twitter and Facebook. A couple of DJ's defended her, one of them was Mat Zo saying that people should be more open-minded.

Why should I be more open-minded? I like what I like and I hate what I hate. There's no Mat Zo who should tell me what I should like or hate. If they go 1 step further they say we should be open-minded for Lady Gaga as well... :undecided:

I also saw a DJ (don't remember who it was) who said he would leave the dubstep out of his set cz of all the slaughter Fei-Fei got hahaha. Now THAT's what I call wise-thinking :p