Feedback on this site!

Post Reply Create New Topic

Daniel
2785-forum
Posts: 3407
Location: Gb GB
# 21 February 2012, at 12:13
Agree, I would like more search options when we can. :)
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948-forum
Posts: 41093
Location: Nl NL
# 21 February 2012, at 15:31
I know it's on Marjan's to do list, so he's working on it ;)
FKA Super AFC Ajax
zakrush1
2133-forum
Posts: 843
Location: Gb GB
# 28 June 2012, at 18:35
Hey man, back to ask another request if it's possible, (i know you've done amazing job so far). I was wondering if you could add a message icon/button underneath the user's details on the left-hand side of a users comment. Just realised I was searching for it to message Remco about a query for the Top 50 Poll.


My SoundCloud

My YouTube

Airbase: "You keep dancing, I'll keep producing."
zakrush1
2133-forum
Posts: 843
Location: Gb GB
# 8 July 2012, at 20:50
And also, an idea that might be good for the new members to get their grip on long sets/radio shows as well as existing members to vote and agree on things: if you could make a Top 50 (/100, /10, etc) on DJ sets, tracks, artists, aliases; everything on the Trancepedia. You've got the stars that rate everything on Trancepedia. By having the rating system, it doesn't have to be the be-and-end-all of ratings but at least, it'd be easy to see what's actually great to download/buy at some point. Also to have a filter that lets you see those top sets/tracks by year as well.


My SoundCloud

My YouTube

Airbase: "You keep dancing, I'll keep producing."
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1-forum
Posts: 11063
Location: Mk MK
# 8 July 2012, at 22:53
Hey Zak, some nice suggestions there.

Originally posted by zakrush1
Hey man, back to ask another request if it's possible, (i know you've done amazing job so far). I was wondering if you could add a message icon/button underneath the user's details on the left-hand side of a users comment. Just realised I was searching for it to message Remco about a query for the Top 50 Poll.

Will be done.

Originally posted by zakrush1
And also, an idea that might be good for the new members to get their grip on long sets/radio shows as well as existing members to vote and agree on things: if you could make a Top 50 (/100, /10, etc) on DJ sets, tracks, artists, aliases; everything on the Trancepedia. You've got the stars that rate everything on Trancepedia. By having the rating system, it doesn't have to be the be-and-end-all of ratings but at least, it'd be easy to see what's actually great to download/buy at some point. Also to have a filter that lets you see those top sets/tracks by year as well.


Most of this is already implemented. We have a tracks top 100 list which is calculated with the same algorithm that imdb uses to calculate its top 250 movies list.

However, we're waiting on officially releasing the list until we gather more votes and until more older tracks are added to the database. Right now, most of the tracks in the trancepedia are those mainly released in the past couple of years, so obviously this top 100 list "of all time" would be full of newer tracks.

That being said, here's the link to the top 100 tracks in the trancepedia.

Lists like this will also be created for aliases, releases, labels and venues.

I highly encourage everyone to rank everything they come across. It only requires a single click, so hopefully more members will participate with their ratings, making the top lists more credible.
Last edited on 8 July 2012, at 22:53
zakrush1
2133-forum
Posts: 843
Location: Gb GB
# 10 July 2012, at 12:46
Originally posted by Marjan


Most of this is already implemented. We have a tracks top 100 list which is calculated with the same algorithm that imdb uses to calculate its top 250 movies list.

However, we're waiting on officially releasing the list until we gather more votes and until more older tracks are added to the database. Right now, most of the tracks in the trancepedia are those mainly released in the past couple of years, so obviously this top 100 list "of all time" would be full of newer tracks.

That being said, here's the link to the top 100 tracks in the trancepedia.

Lists like this will also be created for aliases, releases, labels and venues.

I highly encourage everyone to rank everything they come across. It only requires a single click, so hopefully more members will participate with their ratings, making the top lists more credible.


Well, one thing you could do is make a very simple 50/50 poll, which track is better and work out the tracks based on the type of algorithm Zuckerberg used originally for his 'comparing students' website. Or a small box on the homescreen with a single track with stars to rate it as on the trancepedia pages. I only say that, just because members have to search through Trancepedia to find certain artists, aliases, tracks etc. and it would a lot easier, that everytime you log in, go to the homepage, you can click on a rating or five ratings before checking the normal forums you usually check.


My SoundCloud

My YouTube

Airbase: "You keep dancing, I'll keep producing."
morrow
179087-forum
Posts: 588
Location: Ru RU
# 5 November 2012, at 10:04
Guys, i just want to insert a few words. So far this is the best forum & site design i saw, both in functionality and colour selection. Really, i want to live here (lol). I'm just saying a huge thanks to the developers!
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1-forum
Posts: 11063
Location: Mk MK
# 5 November 2012, at 17:30
Originally posted by morrow
Guys, i just want to insert a few words. So far this is the best forum & site design i saw, both in functionality and colour selection. Really, i want to live here (lol). I'm just saying a huge thanks to the developers!

Thank you, glad you like it :)

If you also have any thoughts on what we could do to further improve it, would love to hear them :)
morrow
179087-forum
Posts: 588
Location: Ru RU
# 11 January 2013, at 19:22
Here's something broken, guys.
See the screenshot, this is how the forum page looks for me in Firefox 18.0.
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz38/islandbreeze2/Various/large2_zps8a98aa25.jpg
Last edited on 11 January 2013, at 21:46
Marjan
TrancePodium Staff
1-forum
Posts: 11063
Location: Mk MK
# 12 January 2013, at 18:27
Originally posted by morrow
Here's something broken, guys.
See the screenshot, this is how the forum page looks for me in Firefox 18.0.
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz38/islandbreeze2/Various/large2_zps8a98aa25.jpg

Thanks for reporting this, Morrow. I presume this started happening after you upgraded Firefox to v18.0? Was there a problem with the previous versions? I don't use Firefox, so I'll need to install it in order to fix this.
morrow
179087-forum
Posts: 588
Location: Ru RU
# 12 January 2013, at 18:56
I had v17 before update and the page was still broken. :(