Hot or not? - Week 21.2015: Ferry Corsten pres. Gouryella - Anahera

Post Reply Create New Topic

Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 51084
Hot or not? - Week 21.2015: Ferry Corsten pres. Gouryella - Anahera -
27 May 2015, at 18:51


Ferry Corsten: "After a long time, I suddenly got the inspiration for this fantastic uplifting trance melody that had a big nostalgic feel for me. Everything came together in the studio just perfectly. Giving Anahera the Gouryella alias was the only possible option for me..."

Please rate the track and vote HOT or NOT in the poll here :D

154773 x50Gouryella - Anahera



#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax

Click here to access the poll.

Itscaitlin
180502 forum
Posts: 1173
# 2 June 2015, at 18:38
I admit, I was skeptical and even nervous hearing that a new Gouryella track was made. Let's just say, I no longer thought Ferry & Tiesto could make a track that lived up to that name. After listening, I was very pleasantly surprised! I was stunned! Who knew, the guys that have been producing absolute shit lately still had it in them to produce this gorgeous tune?! haha :p I absolutely love it, and hopefully we can hear more music from Gouryella soon. Also, it makes me laugh a bit because this track is immensely better than anything Gaia has put out lately.
Last edited on 2 June 2015, at 18:39
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 51084
# 2 June 2015, at 19:07
Originally posted by Itscaitlin
I admit, I was skeptical and even nervous hearing that a new Gouryella track was made. Let's just say, I no longer thought Ferry & Tiesto could make a track that lived up to that name. After listening, I was very pleasantly surprised! I was stunned! Who knew, the guys that have been producing absolute shit lately still had it in them to produce this gorgeous tune?! haha :p I absolutely love it, and hopefully we can hear more music from Gouryella soon. Also, it makes me laugh a bit because this track is immensely better than anything Gaia has put out lately.

Same here, I was terrified to hear it. But Ferry (Tiësto didn't have a part in this I believe) nailed it! Worthy of the Gouryella name. Fits with it. Like you said, unlike the latest Gaia tracks which are just another Armin van Buuren tracks. Just like Rising Star, which sounds just like another Armin van Buuren vocal track that he made so many of. But this Gouryella :<3:
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 51084
# 3 June 2015, at 09:05
Yep, I was right about Tiësto, Ferry posted this on his Soundcloud playlist of Gouryella, it turns out Tiësto already wasn't involved for Ligaya anymore:
Quote
In 1998 Ferry Corsten and Tiësto teamed up for a project which they called “Gouryella”. The very first release under the Gouryella-alias was in May 1999, when the track “Gouryella” got released via Ferry’s “Tsunami” label. The follow up single (“Walhalla”) came out in September of 1999. One year later, in September 2000 “Tenshi", the 3rd Gouryella track saw its release.
Not long after that, Tiësto decided to leave the Gouryella project.
In 2002, after no release for 2 years, Ferry made another Gouryella track, with the title “Ligaya”.

And after many years of silence, Ferry brings back Gouryella! On June 15 "Ferry Corsten presents Gouryella - Anahera" will be released via Flashover Recordings!
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Itscaitlin
180502 forum
Posts: 1173
# 5 June 2015, at 00:30
Oh wow. Thanks for posting that! So Tiesto deserves no praise for this. :P Good, because I can't stand him. :D
Mike Davis
183603 forum
Posts: 139
# 9 June 2015, at 12:41
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even sounds like Old School Ferry!!!!! On an unrelated note, i hope Tenshi gets an uplifting trance remake sometime in the future!
I'm not afraid of 138!
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 51084
# 9 June 2015, at 19:36
Originally posted by Mike Davis
On an unrelated note, i hope Tenshi gets an uplifting trance remake sometime in the future!

To be honest, lets hope not. Lets just enjoy the original beauty. THAT's what DJs should still play :)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Mike Davis
183603 forum
Posts: 139
# 9 June 2015, at 19:48
Originally posted by Remco

To be honest, lets hope not. Lets just enjoy the original beauty. THAT's what DJs should still play :)


That is a good point, it does sound timeless.
I'm not afraid of 138!
TranceFixxed
179757 forum
Posts: 157
# 31 July 2015, at 22:05
Hot Hot Hot! I have this track on repeat!
Love that Gouryella sound :<3: