Rapidshare...

Posted in Off Topic
Post Reply Create New Topic

Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
Rapidshare... -
10 January 2010, at 21:28
Is totally annoying me. I can't download anything from there for days now, even a simple 7 mb file, because they say they have no free slots. This been going for days now, and is extremely annoying. Do i have to create an account there to be able to download, or is it for premium users only now?  :(
DJRANZ
57 forum
Posts: 3952
# Re: Rapidshare... - 10 January 2010, at 21:45
You can use rapidshare for free, but there are a multitude of catches:

1.  You can only download one file at a time and
2.  After downloading a file, you must wait at least 15 minutes before downloading another one.

Premium users don't have these limitations.

Personally, I prefer to use Mediafire as you can download as many files as you want and not have to wait.  Free Users can upload files up to 100 MB while Premium Users can upload files up to 1 GB!

I use Megaupload when I have to store a file that exceeds 100MB.
Now known as Randy Derricott. I may sometimes use the DJ Ranz alias for certain projects though.

www.facebook.com/djranzofficial
www.soundcloud.com/dj-ranz
www.mixcloud.com/djranz
www.twitch.tv/djranz1989
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 11 January 2010, at 00:13
Sadly, these days it won't even let me reach that stage. It says something about not having enough slots for free users... And my personal favorites are also megaupload and mediafire, but sadly they don't get used often anymore
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 11 January 2010, at 00:39
Originally posted by Shadowman

Sadly, these days it won't even let me reach that stage. It says something about not having enough slots for free users... And my personal favorites are also megaupload and mediafire, but sadly they don't get used often anymore
ya its really pathetic, i use hotfile when i cant find a megaupload link
Trance Über Alles!
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52945
# Re: Rapidshare... - 11 January 2010, at 08:55
Ye, when the Americans wake up there are no free slots anymore. In the morning and in the early afternoon it works fine. In the evening it's a real problem.

However I keep on using Rapidshare, cz concerning hosting they are the most reliable. It can have uploads up until 200MB unlike Mediafire and Megaupload works crap. I have a free Collectors Zone account at Rapidshare and there I can see how many times an upload has been downloaded and when was the last time. So with that I can easily see if an upload is popular and more important, with that I can easily prevent uploads to be removed from the server after 60 days without download.
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
# Re: Rapidshare... - 11 January 2010, at 09:40
Originally posted by Super

Ye, when the Americans wake up there are no free slots anymore. In the morning and in the early afternoon it works fine. In the evening it's a real problem.



Absolutely, i have observed that myself. Follow Remco's Instructions and it'll help you with your issue.
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 11 January 2010, at 14:06
Wow, i just tried it now and it works. Looks like it was indeed true about americans. Does it still do that if you have collector's account there?
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 00:43
Originally posted by Super

Ye, when the Americans wake up there are no free slots anymore. In the morning and in the early afternoon it works fine. In the evening it's a real problem.

However I keep on using Rapidshare, cz concerning hosting they are the most reliable. It can have uploads up until 200MB unlike Mediafire and Megaupload works crap. I have a free Collectors Zone account at Rapidshare and there I can see how many times an upload has been downloaded and when was the last time. So with that I can easily see if an upload is popular and more important, with that I can easily prevent uploads to be removed from the server after 60 days without download.
thats very interesting, i'm in america both when normal people sleep and when they are awake, and rapidshare NEVER works for me, my lifetime megaupload account on the other hand easily maxes my connection at 1.2 MBps. Rapidshare is overpriced on top of it all, but then i guess you cant compete with lifetimes
Trance Über Alles!
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 00:46
I actually have problem with megaupload too... I hate when i want to download something, and get "the file you're trying to access is temporarily unavailable" or something like that. And it seem to stay that way for ages... I actually found Intuition Yearmix 2005, but can't post or download it because of that stupid error. It's been over three months that way. Does it ever go away?
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 00:50
Originally posted by Shadowman

I actually have problem with megaupload too... I hate when i want to download something, and get "the file you're trying to access is temporarily unavailable" or something like that. And it seem to stay that way for ages... I actually found Intuition Yearmix 2005, but can't post or download it because of that stupid error. It's been over three months that way. Does it ever go away?
it will never go away, it means the file has been flagged for copyright infringement by the label's net spiders and is in the process of being destroyed
Trance Über Alles!
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 00:52
Originally posted by PsychoKilla666

it will never go away, it means the file has been flagged for copyright infringement by the label's net spiders and is in the process of being destroyed


Damn. Well, those sure are slow destroyers though. And weirdest thing is my uploads get this status instantly
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 00:53
Originally posted by Shadowman

Damn. Well, those sure are slow destroyers though. And weirdest thing is my uploads get this status instantly
if its instant it might be processing, you want me to try the link?

I guess I'm lucky the premium status shields me from most of these problems, I'm sorry to hear a lot of people are having problems
Trance Über Alles!
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 01:01
I checked just now, and it seems to work. Weird... It keeps going in and out of it. Maybe i really should use alternate file services from now
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 01:04
sounds like you got lucky, glad it somehow worked after all, have you tried hotfile? thats my backup when MU has been deleted
Trance Über Alles!
Shadowman
3348 forum
Posts: 8383
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 01:05
Originally posted by PsychoKilla666

sounds like you got lucky, glad it somehow worked after all, have you tried hotfile? thats my backup when MU has been deleted


No, not yet, but i guess i will have to. Though rapidshare offers free premium account if enough people download your uploads. Tempting...
Rene
697 forum
Posts: 2957
# Re: Rapidshare... - 12 January 2010, at 01:11
Originally posted by Shadowman

No, not yet, but i guess i will have to. Though rapidshare offers free premium account if enough people download your uploads. Tempting...
o i c, that does sound interesting
Trance Über Alles!