Markus Schulz - Scream 2

Markus Schulz - Scream 2
Go to Article Post Reply Create New Topic

Semir
2841 forum
Posts: 12893
# 24 January 2014, at 17:06
Judging by the tracklist, it looks more promising than Scream. More instrumental tracks and another collaboration with Adina Butar, at least she is expected to be great :D

One thing that disappointed me is that his collaboration with Rex Mundi is a vocal track.

Anyway, here's a Scream 2 Mini Mix that Markus posted on his soundcloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/armadamusic/markus-schulz-scream-2-mini
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52160
# 24 January 2014, at 20:01
Originally posted by Semir
One thing that disappointed me is that his collaboration with Rex Mundi is a vocal track.

I agree! They could've made something so much better! Especially after hearing Backpain, which is a massive track from Rex, that combined with Markus' skills, I wouldn't expect anything less than one of the best tracks of the year! This isn't in that category, although I still like it :)

What surprised me the most is seeing CeCe Peniston as one of the vocalists. It's maybe the track I'm most curious about. Even though I have the (vinyl) single of Finally from her from back in 1992, and I liked it back then, I wouldn't be able to imagine I would still like her now. I also never even expected to see her anywhere near trance music. So really curious how she sounds in a Markus Schulz track :)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Atragun91091
183988 forum
Posts: 33
# 24 January 2014, at 22:09
Listened to the previews on Itunes..sounds much more promising this time around.Still being cautiously optomistic though.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52160
# 25 January 2014, at 07:49
Originally posted by Semir
More instrumental tracks

Actually not. This time it contains 8 instrumentals, last time 10.

But that is exactly what he meant after the critics on Scream. He had put more tracks on it, so there would be more good tracks for everyone with a bit different tastes. More instrumentals, more vocals. The percentage of good tracks was probably lower for everyone, but in absolute numbers, there were more.

Now it SEEMS like there are more good tracks on this one, but probably not. Simply because it contains less tracks.
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Semir
2841 forum
Posts: 12893
# 25 January 2014, at 08:31
Originally posted by Remco

Actually not. This time it contains 8 instrumentals, last time 10.

But that is exactly what he meant after the critics on Scream. He had put more tracks on it, so there would be more good tracks for everyone with a bit different tastes. More instrumentals, more vocals. The percentage of good tracks was probably lower for everyone, but in absolute numbers, there were more.

Now it SEEMS like there are more good tracks on this one, but probably not. Simply because it contains less tracks.


Well, it had 10 tracks including the Bonus Tracks version, not to mention that some of them were already released as singles and added to the album to fill the space. And if you compare it with Scream 2, the only track released as a single is Remember This. So, it still has more instrumental tracks than the previous one, and hopefully we'll get a Bonus Tracks version as well.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52160
# 25 January 2014, at 12:13
Originally posted by Semir


Well, it had 10 tracks including the Bonus Tracks version, not to mention that some of them were already released as singles and added to the album to fill the space. And if you compare it with Scream 2, the only track released as a single is Remember This. So, it still has more instrumental tracks than the previous one, and hopefully we'll get a Bonus Tracks version as well.

I don't agree. Nowadays almost everybody has the bonus track version, so we must count those as much as well. And besides Remember This, also Mardi Gras and Towards The Sun have already been released. I haven't heard Scream 2 yet ofc, but I'm guessing the big difference is that now there are less tracks. Less instrumental and less vocals, and probably also, less good and less bad ;)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Semir
2841 forum
Posts: 12893
# 25 January 2014, at 12:21
Do you actually consider Mardi Gras and Towards The Sun to have actually been released? They are a part of a compilation, not to mention that the only version available is the radio edit.

And since there is no info about Scream 2 Bonus Track version, we can expect more instrumentals in this one than in Scream.

My whole point about it was that with this album we're getting more exclusive instrumentals than we did with first Scream album. We've already knew most of them before they were re-released as a part of the album.
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52160
# 25 January 2014, at 20:15
Originally posted by Semir
Do you actually consider Mardi Gras and Towards The Sun to have actually been released? They are a part of a compilation, not to mention that the only version available is the radio edit.

Released is released. And it's not the only version. Buy the physical CD and you have the original mix, ripped tho, but still the original mix.

Last time it were the bonus tracks that were mostly all released, from the rest, maybe 2 or 3 before Scream got released, not more. So if there will be a bonus tracks version, you can expect that to happen again ;)

Like I said, I haven't listened to this one yet, so I can't compare yet quality-wise, but the intrumental/vocal ratio as well as the already released ratio is about the same as last time ;)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax
Semir
2841 forum
Posts: 12893
# 26 January 2014, at 20:12
Originally posted by Remco

Released is released. And it's not the only version. Buy the physical CD and you have the original mix, ripped tho, but still the original mix.

Last time it were the bonus tracks that were mostly all released, from the rest, maybe 2 or 3 before Scream got released, not more. So if there will be a bonus tracks version, you can expect that to happen again ;)

Like I said, I haven't listened to this one yet, so I can't compare yet quality-wise, but the intrumental/vocal ratio as well as the already released ratio is about the same as last time ;)


Well then I see that we cannot agree regarding this :D

We clearly have different approaches when it comes to a release. I know that none of the producers post a link of their track to buy if it's been included in a compilations, not to mention that no one actually buys nor listens or plays that ripped original mix.

And you're wrong. The only track released from the bonus tracks version was Go, the rest was bonus tracks exclusive.
J4mie
3634 forum
Posts: 163
# 26 January 2014, at 22:00
I agree with Semir, when a track is released that means I'm able to purchase the complete, finished, original and unedited product made by the producer. :)
Last edited on 26 January 2014, at 22:02
Remco
TrancePodium Staff
948 forum
Posts: 52160
# 27 January 2014, at 08:29
Originally posted by Semir


Well then I see that we cannot agree regarding this :D

We clearly have different approaches when it comes to a release. I know that none of the producers post a link of their track to buy if it's been included in a compilations, not to mention that no one actually buys nor listens or plays that ripped original mix.

And you're wrong. The only track released from the bonus tracks version was Go, the rest was bonus tracks exclusive.

Ok, I was on that last part, I thought they were all released.

But I do see producers posting links of tracks that have been included in compilations and RT also links for the full compilation. I see that regularely. M.I.K.E. and Sied are a recent example of that.

Also, I listen to those ripped original mixes all the time. There's a nice discussion going on about that in the topic called 'Are radiodits the new originals'. That we want to have mix compilations the way they were meant, so no radio edits and no full mixes in 1 file, but ripped.

But this is starting to become a whole different discussion which is not relevant to this release ;)
#StayStrongAppie

FKA Super AFC Ajax